Well, the guest season has officially opened with sunshine! We have 3 little cowgirls and 1 little cowboy (along with their parents) partaking in some riding and cattle work this week.
Whenever our guests partake in our Cowboy Adventure Week we like them to walk away, with not only – the best adventure of their lives, but something that money cant buy. Being a cowboy, is not just saddling your horse and riding after cows every day, it’s a lifestyle. One of the best illustrations of this lifestyle, is Cowboy Ethics, the Code of the West book, written by James Owen.
- - Live each day with courage – Real courage, is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway.
- - Take pride in your work – Cowboying doesn’t build character, it reveals it.
- - Always finish what you start – When you’re riding through hell….keep riding.
- - Do what has to be done – The true test of a man’s honor was how much he would risk to keep intact.
- - Be tough, but fair – The golden rule was nothing less than a key to survival.
- - When you make a promise, keep it – A man is only as good as his word
- - Ride for the brand – The cowboy’s greatest devotion was to his calling and his way of life.
- - Talk less and say more – When there’s nothing more to say, don’t be saying it.
- - Remember that some things aren’t for sale – To the cowboy, the best things in life aren’t “things”.
- - Know where to draw the line – There’s right and there’s wrong, and nothing in between.
The cowboys and cowgirls working at The Hideout have a great life and look forward to sharing it with our guests. We want our guests to step out of the everyday, and live the Western lifestyle while they are with us. What more could you ask for than a good horse and room to run?! Don’t you wish you were here right now?